Last modified: February 5, 2015
Collection of Information
We receive and store information about you such as:
Information you provide us: We collect information you provide to us. Examples may include:
- Your name, email address, address or postal code, payment method and telephone number. We collect this information in a number of ways, including when you enter it while using our service, interact with our customer service, or participate in surveys or marketing promotions;
- Information collected when you set preferences or otherwise provide information to us through our service or elsewhere.
- Unique identifiers such as user name, account number, password;
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences;
- Demographic information such as age, education, gender, interests and zip code; and
- Any additional information that may be required by a governmental agency (e.g. FAA, TSA, DOT).
Information we collect automatically: We collect information regarding you and your interactions with us, your use of our services, applications, sites, tools, and customer service, as well as information regarding your computer or other device used to access our service (such as mobile devices). This information may include:
- Your activity on the Site;
- Device IDs or unique identifiers, device and software characteristics (such as type and configuration), connection information, statistics on page views, referral URLs, ad data, IP address and standard web log information; and/or
Use of Information
We use the information we collect to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts for you and others, including to process your registration, your orders and your payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we may use the information we collect for purposes, such as:
- Sending you e-mails, push notifications or other correspondence and advertising concerning our Products and Services, including newsletters, messages about new features, special offers, promotional announcements and consumer surveys. From time to time, we may partner with companies whose products we believe will interest our members. In conjunction with these partners, we may send promotional announcements and/or serve web-based advertisements on their behalf, as permitted by law.
- Booking, or sending you a Booking or other order confirmation;
- Sending you requested product or service information;
- Responding to customer service requests;
- Administering your account;
- Responding to your questions and concerns;
- Improving our Site;
- Conducting research and analysis; and/or
- Displaying content based upon your interests.
We may use information on an aggregated or anonymous basis. We reserve the right to use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Site. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods or services in which you may be interested.
Rise reserves the right to disclose personal information or information regarding use of our Products and Services if, for any reason, in our sole discretion, we believe that it is reasonable to do so, including: to satisfy laws, regulations or other legal requests for such information; to disclose information that is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our policies; or to protect Rise, our Products and Services, our employees or our Members.
"Cookies" and How They May Be Used
A "cookie" is a small file containing information that is placed on a user's computer by a web server. Typically, these files are used to enhance the user's experience of the site, to help users move between pages in a database, or to customize information for a user. Rise servers do not store personally identifiable information in cookies from pages intended for use by the general public.
Information stored in cookies by our web servers is used for internal purposes only. It is not used in any way that would disclose personally identifiable information to outside parties unless we are legally required to do so. If you visit third-party websites where you are prompted to log in or that are customizable, you may be required to accept cookies. We do not control use of third-party cookies, and disclaim responsibility for information that may be collected through them. For more information about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/.
Log Data and Mobile Devices
When you visit the site, whether as a Member, a guest or as a visitor, our servers record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website ("Log Data"). This log data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type or the website you were visiting before you came to the Site, pages of our Site that you visit, the time spent on those pages, information you search for, access times and dates, and other information. If you visit the Site from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device or other transactional information for that device, such as your device type and operating system.
We have put in place reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, or disclosure. However, we do not guarantee, and explicitly disclaim any implied representation, warranty, or other promise, that unauthorized third parties will never be able to overcome those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Also please note that e-mail and messaging systems are not considered secure, so we discourage you from sending us personal information through these channels.